How things have been lately
For the past few weeks, I’ve been away from LA to visit family in the Bay Area. For some reason whenever I’m away from home, my routine gets out of whack. It takes awhile for me to get back into the groove of things or when I finally am ready to get back on track, then it’s time to go back home or something goes wrong. I can’t be the only one experiencing this 🙂
When something like this happens, I try to remember is to not be too harsh on myself. Self-love is more important than my routine. Can I get an amen?
Routine is set up to help facilitate and encourage productivity. However, it’s best to always be aware of how your body is feeling. I’m not saying if to cross off the morning routine if your body is too tired. If that’s the case, you might need to change something in the routine or do a nightly routine to prep for the morning.
I’ve only been treating myself better recently. When I was in my 20’s, I would try to trash my body like it was disposable. I would eat junk and experiment on the latest fasts or diets.
Now that I’m in my 30’s, I’ve been realizing how great my body has been to me. After years of torture and yo-yo diets, it still stands and functions like a well-oiled machine! I’m amazed to be quite honest.
I’ve been listening to my body more and treating it better than I have before. It makes me feel good inside and I feel like the outside reflects that.
3 Ways to Practice Self-love
1. Feed what’s on the inside
- Pray and/or meditate – Praying and meditating has helped me calm all the other voices down and focus on whose voice is most important to listen to. In the age of technology, there are so many noises around and it’s a good habit to take some time to quiet the mind and heart even for 10 minutes. This act helps me center myself and have a clearer mind.
- Podcast – Listening and surrounding yourself with positivity is edifying. There are plenty of podcasts in every category so whatever you’re into, someone has a podcast on it! Listening to podcasts helps me feed my mind. To me, it’s important to keep learning and growing even as I get older. I want to keep my mind young and hungry.
- Affirmations – Speaking out affirmations is an act of creating and conditioning my mind and heart for the future I hope to create. This act is similar to constructing a building. It’s building the foundations way down below the surface before the skyline can be constructed.
2. Take care of what’s on the outside
- Treat it well – Eat healthier and drink more water. Doing this will instantly make you feel better! Don’t try to push your body past its limitations. You only have one body, have fun with it!
- Workout – Maximize your body by exercising. Not only will you look better, you can see your body transforming to its optimal state. Plus, you’ll feel and look amazing!
- Stretch – Even if you don’t workout, stretching is helpful to do on a daily basis. Not only does it improve flexibility, it prevents injury and improves posture.
- Sleep – We spent half of our lives sleeping. As you can see, it’s quite important to get good quality sleep. Sometimes in order to get good quality sleep, you might need to set some boundaries and/or a night routine. I plan on creating a post on a night routine in the upcoming weeks, so stay tuned!
3. Above all else, love yourself
No matter how your body looks, love it with all your heart. Sure, you may have some flaws, but who doesn’t? Even celebrities aren’t perfect. Love every curve, flaws and everything else that’s unique about you. That’s what makes you special. Even though it’s easy to want someone else’s __________ (fill in the blank), some people may be jealous of that exact same thing about you! Sometimes I look at the before and after photos of celebrities who have done many plastic surgeries and usually, I see that their before photo was way better than the after. Don’t make that same mistake. You are unique and beautiful as you are.
I hope this gives you ideas on how to practice more self-love. Remember that you are incomparable and so is your body. Treat it well, inside and out.
Related blog posts:
- 5 Ways to be More Grateful
- How to Get Started on Your Morning Routine
- 23 Self-Love Affirmations to Practice Daily