When you meet a stranger
Whenever I meet strangers at parties or events, I get asked the same questions: “How are you?” or “What do you do for a living?” Those questions and answers can become pretty repetitive. 35 Icebreaker Questions to Ask instead of How are You or What do you do?
One time, there was a stranger who asked me a non-traditional question like “Who would you be if you were one of the Avengers?” It made me happy to think about the answer to that question. Out of all the questions asked of me from a stranger, that question stood out the most because of how unconventional it was.
This week, I challenge you to ask a stranger an interesting question like ones from below or something you came up with.
Here are 35 icebreaker questions to ask:
1. What’s the highlight of your week?
2. What are your passions and how have you been fueling them lately?
3. Who has been inspiring you and your work recently?
4. What new things have you been enjoying lately?
5. What is one thing you’ve always wanted to do?
6. What have you been loving at work or in general?
7. If you had to leave this city or country for good, where would you go?
8. What is challenging you at work?
9. What’s your favorite movie you watched recently?
10. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever heard?
11. What is one piece of advice that has stuck with you?
12. What is your favorite book and why?
13. What movie or show have affected you in a positive way?
14. What are you looking forward to this week or weekend?
15. What’s the most interesting you’ve learned lately?
16. What’s the next thing you’re crossing off on your bucket list?
17. Where would you live when you retire and why?
35 Icebreaker Questions to Ask instead of How are You or What do you do?
18. When was the last time you got out of your comfort zone and how did it go?
19. What is the best dessert you’ve ever had?
20. What is the most recent thing you learned?
21. What is your favorite show and why?
22. If you could be one of the superheroes, who would you be?
23. What is the most daring thing you’ve done?
24. Where is your favorite restaurant to go on a date? What is your favorite dish to order?
25. What is one dish you can’t live without?
26. When was the last time you laughed really hard? How did it happened?
27. Do you have anything exciting planned for the rest of the year?
28. Is there something you would re-do that happened this year?
29. What important life lessons would you share with your kids or someone close to you?
30. If you could switch places with someone for a day, who would it be and what would you do?
31. How many countries have you been to and which one was your favorite?
32. What has been your proudest moment?
33. What memory would you like to relive again?
34. What was the nicest thing someone did for you?
35. What has been your favorite compliment you received?
Related blog posts:
- 45 Questions to Ask Your Boyfriend
- 20 Pieces of Advice I Would Give to My 20-Year-Old Self
- 3 Ways to Practice Self-love